My favourite film

In my childhood, i enjoyed watching TV over reading books. When i was about 10, on a day vacation, my parents rent an animated film in a Movie Store to me and my sibling to watch it in the house of my grandparents; the film was called The Iron Giant and have a giant robot on the cover of the box, last that says "an instant classic that will enchant earthlings for decades to come" ... i didn´t know yet that i will not forget that day since then.

The film story is about Hogarth Hughes, an intelligent and energetic 9 year old boy that likes sci-fi, superheroes (for example superman), beetween other things. He lives with his mother, a waitress and the widow of a military pilot (a man that serve at the war), in Rockwell, Maine.

One day, in USA, an object from space (not identified) crashes with the coast of Maine, and enters the forest, a side of the Rockwell city. After of introducing to Hogarth, certain day, rare things begin to happen and he decide to investigate about that. In his investigation, he finds a giant robot attempting to eat the transmission lines of an electrical substation. Both develop a good friendship, but the incidents that involved the giant have a consecuence; the US army follow the steps of the giant and send a Kent Maesley to investigate.

In my childhood i found the movie very unique, isn´t that type of animated film that usually you can find anyway. It has a beautiful message about friendship and what is a real hero.

I recommend it strongly, becouse have a good life message.

Comments

Popular Posts